Gumotex Orinoco 405N
The Gumotex Orinoco is a heavy duty inflatable 2 person raft with 2 raised slate seats with foam padding for comfort. It features a self bailing floor and thigh straps making it an ideal forgiving and stable craft for tackling whitewater rapids up to grade 3. The self bailing floor has a rolling closure allowing it to be sealed for a drier ride when using the Orinoco on placid water.
The Orinoco is popular with watersport centres and rescue teams due to it robustness, carrying capacity, stability and excellent all round performance. That said it still great a great choice for recretional user looking for rugged all round craft.
- Self-bailing bottom with a rolling closure
- Thigh straps with a safety clasp
- Seats made of flat plywood with with PE foam comfort pad
- Headfast loop in the bow and stern
- Grab handles for easy handling
- Safety ropes on the bow and stern
- Push-push valves
- Safety relief valve in the bottom of the boat
- Repair kit
- Transport drybag 135l
- No. of Persons: 2
- Length: 405cm
- Width: 105cm
- Weight: 25.5kg
- Capacity: 350kg
- Pack Size: 70 x 53 x 33cm
- Material: Nitrilon®
Gumotex Inflatable Kayak Construction
The Gumotex Orinoco 405N is constructed from Nitrilon® material. This is a lighter version of the material used in rigid inflatable boats (RIBs) construction. Nitrilon® is manufactured in-house by Gumotex allowing for complete control over product quality.
- High strength Polyester (PES) fibre
- An outer layer of synthetic rubber
- Inner layer of a mixture based on natural rubber
The material is highly resistant to abrasion, aging and UV with a minimum tensile strength (1) of 3000/3000 N (sample 20 x 5 cm). This makes Nitrilon fabric an excellent material for the construction of inflatable watercraft.
Gumotex Manufacturing Process
Gumotex have been producing high quality inflatable products in the Czech Republic for over 60 years using unique materials and technologies, making Gumotex inflatables some of the very best in the world!
- Each Gumotex inflatable kayak/canoe/boat/raft is manufactured by hand in the Czech Republic.
- After the materials have been assembled and vulcanised, each & every boat is pressure tested and left inflated for 12 hours.
- After final assembly they are inflated for a further 6 hours before having a final inspection and being prepared for packaging.
This means that each Gumotex Inflatable has been tested under inflatation twice before it is packaged! Such stringent testing and quality control has led to Gumotex being accredited with ISO9001 Quality Assured Management Systems, and this means that you can have complete confidence in the quality of your Gumotex product as soon as you open the box!
Gumotex do not use PVC in any of their boats - PVC products release Phthalates into the environment and this substance has a negative effect on human and environmental health.
Colour Options for the Gumotex Orinoco 405N
We offer a delivery service for the Gumotex Orinoco 405N throughout the UK & Ireland to home and work addresses.
Where possible orders are sent out via a courier using an overnight delivery service, orders are normally dispatched within 24 hours. The delivery price will be shown in the shopping basket
Collection - Click & Collect
Buy a Gumotex Orinoco 405N online from our website and collect from one of our nationwide branches.
We will contact you to arrange collection upon receipt of you order.
Our Stores are:
- Bournemouth Canoes - Poole, BH16 5BW
- Inflatable Kayaks UK / Brighton Canoes - Newhaven, BN9 0DH
- Cornwall Canoes - St Columb Road, TR9 6PZ
- Kayaks & Paddles - Plymouth, PL21 9RL
- Manchester Canoes - Warrington, WA1 4RF
- Norfolk Canoes - Norwich, NR5 0JU
- Southampton Canoes - Totton, SO40 3SA