Gumotex Ruby XL
The latest larger Gumotex Ruby XL is now 17cm wider and even more stable than the original Ruby. This inflatable boat is designed for carrying up to 3 adults. It has a flat backed transom allowing it to be fitted with an electric (or small petrol) motor. The Ruby can still be paddled by hand giving you the best of both worlds. At 108cm wide the Ruby offers unparalleled stability and is perfect for gentle cruses on inland waterways, rivers, lakes and calm coastal waters. 3 raised padded bench seats provide good comfort and a dry sitting position.
Unlike most similar sized craft capable of fitting a motor the Ruby packs away in to a compact 68 x 51 x 29cm dry bag back pack and weighs only 29kg. This makes the Ruby extremely easy to transport and store. Inflating is quick and easy with 2 separate side chambers and 1 in the floor
The motor used with the transom must have a short shaft and a maximum weight of 28 kg.
- Rubber ropes for fixation of baggage
- Oar holders
- Oarlock holders
- Safety ropes on the side tubes
- Removable transom
- Seats made of flat plywood
- Binding rope in the bow
- Push-push valves
- Safety relief valve in the bottom of the boat
- Battery attachement
- Repair kit
- Transport drybag 135l
- No. of Persons: 3
- Length: 430cm
- Width: 125cm
- Weight: 29kg
- Capacity: 410kg
- Pack Size: 68 × 51 × 29cm
- Material: Nitrilon®
Gumotex Inflatable Kayak Construction
The Gumotex Ruby XL is constructed from Nitrilon® material. This is a lighter version of the material used in rigid inflatable boats (RIBs) construction. Nitrilon® is manufactured in-house by Gumotex allowing for complete control over product quality.
- High strength Polyester (PES) fibre
- An outer layer of synthetic rubber
- Inner layer of a mixture based on natural rubber
The material is highly resistant to abrasion, aging and UV with a minimum tensile strength (1) of 3000/3000 N (sample 20 x 5 cm). This makes Nitrilon fabric an excellent material for the construction of inflatable watercraft.
Gumotex Manufacturing Process
Gumotex have been producing high quality inflatable products in the Czech Republic for over 60 years using unique materials and technologies, making Gumotex inflatables some of the very best in the world!
- Each Gumotex inflatable kayak/canoe/boat/raft is manufactured by hand in the Czech Republic.
- After the materials have been assembled and vulcanised, each & every boat is pressure tested and left inflated for 12 hours.
- After final assembly they are inflated for a further 6 hours before having a final inspection and being prepared for packaging.
This means that each Gumotex Inflatable has been tested under inflatation twice before it is packaged! Such stringent testing and quality control has led to Gumotex being accredited with ISO9001 Quality Assured Management Systems, and this means that you can have complete confidence in the quality of your Gumotex product as soon as you open the box!
Gumotex do not use PVC in any of their boats - PVC products release Phthalates into the environment and this substance has a negative effect on human and environmental health.
Colour Options for the Gumotex Ruby XL
We offer a delivery service for the Gumotex Ruby XL throughout the UK & Ireland to home and work addresses.
Where possible orders are sent out via a courier using an overnight delivery service, orders are normally dispatched within 24 hours. The delivery price will be shown in the shopping basket
Collection - Click & Collect
Buy a Gumotex Ruby XL online from our website and collect from one of our nationwide branches.
We will contact you to arrange collection upon receipt of you order.
Our Stores are:
- Bournemouth Canoes - Poole, BH16 5BW
- Inflatable Kayaks UK / Brighton Canoes - Newhaven, BN9 0DH
- Cornwall Canoes - St Columb Road, TR9 6PZ
- Kayaks & Paddles - Plymouth, PL21 9RL
- Manchester Canoes - Warrington, WA1 4RF
- Norfolk Canoes - Norwich, NR5 0JU
- Southampton Canoes - Totton, SO40 3SA