The Gumotex Halibut is an inflatable fishing kayak with a huge array of features for the keen angler. At 12.5 ft long and 38” (nearly a meter) wide the Halibut is stable enough for standing and more than capable of holding all the gear needed for a productive day on the water.
The comfortable high backed chair is fixed to a wooden seat for rigidity and there are rigid floorboards to make casting easier. Directly in front of the seat is a board for fixing a rod holder and fishfinder as well as serving as a hard surface for bait preparation. The Halibut is unique amongst inflatable kayaks as it has so many angling specific features including an anchor trolley and rod holders. There are also carry handles on each end as well as the sides and a perimeter rope for safety and to clip on rod tethers etc. There is plenty of space for a crate in the rear.
There is a fin fitted to the hull to increase straight line tracking and the boat is made from super tough Nitrilon which dries quickly and easily. The Halibut comes with a 100L drybag to store and carry it in making for easy transport to and from the launch site. As well as anglers the Halibut will suit birdwatchers and anyone needing a strong and rigid inflatable for lakes, rivers and calmer estuaries.
- Rigid Floorboard for standing when casting etc.
- Bottle holder
- Anchor trolley
- Drain bung in stern
- Inflatable seat with fishing rod mounts
- Baitcaster style rod holder
- Gear tie down loops
- Grab handles
- Safety rope on the side tubes
- Tracking fin
- Push-push valves
- Safety relief valve in the hull
- Repair kit
- 100L Drybag for storage
- No. of Persons: 1
- Length: 375cm
- Width: 96cm
- Weight: 21kg
- Capacity: 200kg
- Pack Size: 70 x 46 x 30cm
- Material: Nitrilon®
Gumotex Inflatable Kayak Construction
The Gumotex Halibut is constructed from Nitrilon® material. This is a lighter version of the material used in rigid inflatable boats (RIBs) construction. Nitrilon® is manufactured in-house by Gumotex allowing for complete control over product quality.
- High strength Polyester (PES) fibre
- An outer layer of synthetic rubber
- Inner layer of a mixture based on natural rubber
The material is highly resistant to abrasion, aging and UV with a minimum tensile strength (1) of 3000/3000 N (sample 20 x 5 cm). This makes Nitrilon fabric an excellent material for the construction of inflatable watercraft.
Gumotex Manufacturing Process
Gumotex have been producing high quality inflatable products in the Czech Republic for over 60 years using unique materials and technologies, making Gumotex inflatables some of the very best in the world!
- Each Gumotex inflatable kayak/canoe/boat/raft is manufactured by hand in the Czech Republic.
- After the materials have been assembled and vulcanised, each & every boat is pressure tested and left inflated for 12 hours.
- After final assembly they are inflated for a further 6 hours before having a final inspection and being prepared for packaging.
This means that each Gumotex Inflatable has been tested under inflatation twice before it is packaged! Such stringent testing and quality control has led to Gumotex being accredited with ISO9001 Quality Assured Management Systems, and this means that you can have complete confidence in the quality of your Gumotex product as soon as you open the box!
Gumotex do not use PVC in any of their boats - PVC products release Phthalates into the environment and this substance has a negative effect on human and environmental health.
Colour Options for the Gumotex Halibut
We offer a delivery service for the Gumotex Halibut throughout the UK & Ireland to home and work addresses.
Where possible orders are sent out via a courier using an overnight delivery service, orders are normally dispatched within 24 hours. The delivery price will be shown in the shopping basket
Collection - Click & Collect
Buy a Gumotex Halibut online from our website and collect from one of our nationwide branches.
We will contact you to arrange collection upon receipt of you order.
Our Stores are:
- Bournemouth Canoes - Poole, BH16 5BW
- Inflatable Kayaks UK / Brighton Canoes - Newhaven, BN9 0DH
- Cornwall Canoes - St Columb Road, TR9 6PZ
- Kayaks & Paddles - Plymouth, PL21 9RL
- Manchester Canoes - Warrington, WA1 4RF
- Norfolk Canoes - Norwich, NR5 0JU
- Southampton Canoes - Totton, SO40 3SA