The Palava is an extremely versatile inflatable canoe suitable for lazy days on the river through to easier white water and camping expeditions. Made from super tough Nitrilon the Palava is delivered in its own 80L heavy duty drybag. This can then be used to store gear whilst paddling. Once unrolled and the two wooden padded seats installed the canoe can be pumped up in a few minutes and weighing only 17kg is easily carried to the water. Suitable for two adults the Palava has an optional centre seat which can be used for solo paddlers or for children.
The design of the Palava is a modern classic with low freeboard to reduce windage and a straight tracking super stable hull enabling the paddler to concentrate on enjoying the ride. With oodles of space for gear as well as storage bungees on the bow and stern there is a place for everything. The deck is finished off with plenty of grab handles and safety lines to make portage easy.
For those looking to venture into moving water the Palava is equipped with quick release knee straps and gear tie downs and can cope with grade 2 conditions. Being single skin the Palava is easy to dry, quick to deflate with its push push valves and then can be rolled away into the supplied rucksack dry bag for easy transport back to the get in. The Palava is a truly great craft and one that you will keep paddling again and again due to its ease of use and versatile nature.
- Thigh straps with a safety clasp
- Seats made of flat plywood with with PE foam "COMFORT PAD"
- Rubber ropes for fixation of baggage
- Variable fixation for baggage or for the third seat
- Grab handles for easy handling
- Safety ropes on the bow and stern
- Binding rope in the bow and stern
- Push-push valves
- Safety relief valve in the bottom of the boat
- Repair kit
- Transport drybag 80l
- No. of Persons: 1, 2 or 3
- Length: 400cm
- Width: 90cm
- Weight: 17.5kg
- Capacity: 240kg
- Pack Size: 55 x 40 x 25cm
- Material: Nitrilon®
Gumotex Inflatable Kayak Construction
The Gumotex Palava is constructed from Nitrilon® material. This is a lighter version of the material used in rigid inflatable boats (RIBs) construction. Nitrilon® is manufactured in-house by Gumotex allowing for complete control over product quality.
- High strength Polyester (PES) fibre
- An outer layer of synthetic rubber
- Inner layer of a mixture based on natural rubber
The material is highly resistant to abrasion, aging and UV with a minimum tensile strength (1) of 3000/3000 N (sample 20 x 5 cm). This makes Nitrilon fabric an excellent material for the construction of inflatable watercraft.
Gumotex Manufacturing Process
Gumotex have been producing high quality inflatable products in the Czech Republic for over 60 years using unique materials and technologies, making Gumotex inflatables some of the very best in the world!
- Each Gumotex inflatable kayak/canoe/boat/raft is manufactured by hand in the Czech Republic.
- After the materials have been assembled and vulcanised, each & every boat is pressure tested and left inflated for 12 hours.
- After final assembly they are inflated for a further 6 hours before having a final inspection and being prepared for packaging.
This means that each Gumotex Inflatable has been tested under inflatation twice before it is packaged! Such stringent testing and quality control has led to Gumotex being accredited with ISO9001 Quality Assured Management Systems, and this means that you can have complete confidence in the quality of your Gumotex product as soon as you open the box!
Gumotex do not use PVC in any of their boats - PVC products release Phthalates into the environment and this substance has a negative effect on human and environmental health.
Colour Options for the Gumotex Palava
We offer a delivery service for the Gumotex Palava throughout the UK & Ireland to home and work addresses.
Where possible orders are sent out via a courier using an overnight delivery service, orders are normally dispatched within 24 hours. The delivery price will be shown in the shopping basket
Collection - Click & Collect
Buy a Gumotex Palava online from our website and collect from one of our nationwide branches.
We will contact you to arrange collection upon receipt of you order.
Our Stores are:
- Bournemouth Canoes - Poole, BH16 5BW
- Inflatable Kayaks UK / Brighton Canoes - Newhaven, BN9 0DH
- Cornwall Canoes - St Columb Road, TR9 6PZ
- Kayaks & Paddles - Plymouth, PL21 9RL
- Manchester Canoes - Warrington, WA1 4RF
- Norfolk Canoes - Norwich, NR5 0JU
- Southampton Canoes - Totton, SO40 3SA