Gumotex Rush 1
A new model for 2020, the Rush 1 combines a dropstitch hull with tough and durable nitrilon fabric for a hull that will inflate to a higher pressure (up to 7.2 psi in the floor chamber) and bring greater performance on the water. A sharp bow profile allows the hull to cut through the water offering a faster ride and more efficiency in choppy waters. A tracking fin features on the underhull for improved straight line tracking. A great model for those wanting an effecient yet portable solo inflatable for inland and calm coastal waters.
An optional cockpit cover can be purchased to offer more protection when paddling in rougher waters. The lightweight hull is easy to carry to and from the water using the supplied carry bag. Setting up takes 5-10 minutes using a good quality pump. In no time you will be cutting through the water with ease on your way to your next adventure! Load up for a day trip, with enough storage area behind the seat for a dry bag full of kit. Safety ropes feature at the bow and stern and make useful clip on points for additional gear. The comfortable seat in combination with the adjustable footrest allow you to find a positive paddling poisition enabling greater control of the hull.
Store in the boot of your car, back of the van, caravan or camper and be ready to hit the water whenever the chance arises!
- Cockpit cover - optional as separate purchase
- Safety ropes on the bow and stern
- Adjustable footrest
- Comfortable seat from PE foam with backrest
- Rubber ropes for fixation of baggage
- Grab handles for easy handling
- Fixture for tracking fin
- Tracking fin
- Push-push valves
- Repair kit
- Transport drybag 80l
- No. of Persons: 1
- Length: 355cm
- Width: 81cm
- Weight: 12kg
- Capacity: 150kg
- Pack Size: 63 x 40 x 28cm
- Material: Drop Stitch + Nitrilon®
- Max Inflation Pressure: Sides 3.0 psi, Floor 7.2 psi
Gumotex Drop Stitch Inflatable Kayak Construction
The Gumotex Rush 1 is constructed from Drop-Stitch technology and Nitrilon® material. Nitrilon is a lighter version of the material used in rigid inflatable boats (RIBs) construction. Nitrilon® is manufactured in-house by Gumotex allowing for complete control over product quality. Drop stitch technology uses fibres connecting the upper and lower panels of certain fabric panels, such as within the floor and seats. Where used, the fibres allow the chamber to be inflated to a high pressure, providing a level of rigidity to rival solid craft. This provides improved paddling performance as there is less flex within the hull structure.
Material composition (Inside to Outside):
- Drop Stitch Fibres
- Top Layer of Drop Stitch Fabric
- 1st Anchoring Layer
- Natural and Synthetic Vulcanised Rubber Based Layer
- 2nd Anchoring layer
- High-strength PES Fabric
- 3rd Anchoring Layer
- Outer Synthetic Rubber Based Coating
The material is highly resistant to abrasion, aging and UV with a minimum tensile strength (1) of 3000/3000 N (sample 20 x 5 cm). This makes Nitrilon fabric an excellent material for the construction of inflatable watercraft.
Gumotex Manufacturing Process
Gumotex have been producing high quality inflatable products in the Czech Republic for over 60 years using unique materials and technologies, making Gumotex inflatables some of the very best in the world!
- Each Gumotex inflatable kayak/canoe/boat/raft is manufactured by hand in the Czech Republic.
- After the materials have been assembled and vulcanised, each & every boat is pressure tested and left inflated for 12 hours.
- After final assembly they are inflated for a further 6 hours before having a final inspection and being prepared for packaging.
This means that each Gumotex Inflatable has been tested under inflatation twice before it is packaged! Such stringent testing and quality control has led to Gumotex being accredited with ISO9001 Quality Assured Management Systems, and this means that you can have complete confidence in the quality of your Gumotex product as soon as you open the box!
Gumotex do not use PVC in any of their boats - PVC products release Phthalates into the environment and this substance has a negative effect on human and environmental health.
Colour Options for the Gumotex Rush 1
We offer a delivery service for the Gumotex Rush 1 throughout the UK & Ireland to home and work addresses.
Where possible orders are sent out via a courier using an overnight delivery service, orders are normally dispatched within 24 hours. The delivery price will be shown in the shopping basket
Collection - Click & Collect
Buy a Gumotex Rush 1 online from our website and collect from one of our nationwide branches.
We will contact you to arrange collection upon receipt of you order.
Our Stores are:
- Bournemouth Canoes - Poole, BH16 5BW
- Inflatable Kayaks UK / Brighton Canoes - Newhaven, BN9 0DH
- Cornwall Canoes - St Columb Road, TR9 6PZ
- Kayaks & Paddles - Plymouth, PL21 9RL
- Manchester Canoes - Warrington, WA1 4RF
- Norfolk Canoes - Norwich, NR5 0JU
- Southampton Canoes - Totton, SO40 3SA