Gumotex Rush 2
A high quality tandem inflatable kayak offering excellent performance thanks to it's dropstitch floor that inflates to a higher pressure than most other inflatables (up to 7.2psi). This makes for a more rigid hull that will cut through the water with greater efficiency and as a result will perform better for you! Combined with a sharp bow profile the Rush 2 is a great option for coastal waters which can often be a little choppy. Tough Nitrilon fabric construction ensures greater durability too so you can be confident in your craft for many seasons of use.
Equipped with two comfortable seats and adjustable footrests to allow you to find a comfortable paddling position so that you can paddle in comfort. A tracking fin on the underhull improves staright line tracking and deck lines feature at the bow and stern for gear attachment and also act as safety grab lines if you end up in the water beside the kayak.
Optional accessories including a rudder and cockpit cover can be added to make this into a superb touring kayak, but as standard this is a greta kayak for exploring the coast on a calm day, or for exploring inland waterways, with enough storage space to take gear for a mini adventure.
At just 15.5kg, the Rush 2 is easily carried off the water and is supplied with a transport bag. Inflation is easy if using a good quality pump and you can be on the water with 5-10 minutes. Easy to store in your vehicle, caravan, camper or boat so that you can get on the water when the oppurtunity arises!
Excellent quality and performance for those wanting an efficient tandem inflatable kayak.
- Cockpit cover - optional as separate purchase
- Safety ropes on the bow and stern
- Adjustable footrest in front and back
- Comfortable seat from PE foam with backrest
- Rubber ropes for fixation of baggage
- Grab handles for easy handling
- Fixture for tracking fin
- Tracking fin
- Push-push valves
- Repair kit
- Transport drybag 100l
- No. of Persons: 2 or 1
- Length: 420cm
- Width: 81cm
- Weight: 15.5kg
- Capacity: 195kg
- Pack Size: 69 x 48 x 28cm
- Material: Drop Stitch + Nitrilon®
- Max Inflation Pressure: Sides 3.0 psi, Floor 7.2 psi
Gumotex Drop Stitch Inflatable Kayak Construction
The Gumotex Rush 2 is constructed from Drop-Stitch technology and Nitrilon® material. Nitrilon is a lighter version of the material used in rigid inflatable boats (RIBs) construction. Nitrilon® is manufactured in-house by Gumotex allowing for complete control over product quality. Drop stitch technology uses fibres connecting the upper and lower panels of certain fabric panels, such as within the floor and seats. Where used, the fibres allow the chamber to be inflated to a high pressure, providing a level of rigidity to rival solid craft. This provides improved paddling performance as there is less flex within the hull structure.
Material composition (Inside to Outside):
- Drop Stitch Fibres
- Top Layer of Drop Stitch Fabric
- 1st Anchoring Layer
- Natural and Synthetic Vulcanised Rubber Based Layer
- 2nd Anchoring layer
- High-strength PES Fabric
- 3rd Anchoring Layer
- Outer Synthetic Rubber Based Coating
The material is highly resistant to abrasion, aging and UV with a minimum tensile strength (1) of 3000/3000 N (sample 20 x 5 cm). This makes Nitrilon fabric an excellent material for the construction of inflatable watercraft.
Gumotex Manufacturing Process
Gumotex have been producing high quality inflatable products in the Czech Republic for over 60 years using unique materials and technologies, making Gumotex inflatables some of the very best in the world!
- Each Gumotex inflatable kayak/canoe/boat/raft is manufactured by hand in the Czech Republic.
- After the materials have been assembled and vulcanised, each & every boat is pressure tested and left inflated for 12 hours.
- After final assembly they are inflated for a further 6 hours before having a final inspection and being prepared for packaging.
This means that each Gumotex Inflatable has been tested under inflatation twice before it is packaged! Such stringent testing and quality control has led to Gumotex being accredited with ISO9001 Quality Assured Management Systems, and this means that you can have complete confidence in the quality of your Gumotex product as soon as you open the box!
Gumotex do not use PVC in any of their boats - PVC products release Phthalates into the environment and this substance has a negative effect on human and environmental health.
Colour Options for the Gumotex Rush 2
We offer a delivery service for the Gumotex Rush 2 throughout the UK & Ireland to home and work addresses.
Where possible orders are sent out via a courier using an overnight delivery service, orders are normally dispatched within 24 hours. The delivery price will be shown in the shopping basket
Collection - Click & Collect
Buy a Gumotex Rush 2 online from our website and collect from one of our nationwide branches.
We will contact you to arrange collection upon receipt of you order.
Our Stores are:
- Bournemouth Canoes - Poole, BH16 5BW
- Inflatable Kayaks UK / Brighton Canoes - Newhaven, BN9 0DH
- Cornwall Canoes - St Columb Road, TR9 6PZ
- Kayaks & Paddles - Plymouth, PL21 9RL
- Manchester Canoes - Warrington, WA1 4RF
- Norfolk Canoes - Norwich, NR5 0JU
- Southampton Canoes - Totton, SO40 3SA