The Gumotex Scout is a full sized open canoe at almost 15ft long and has a carrying capacity of over 450kg. This means it can seat a whole family of 2 adults and 2 smaller children plus their gear. Here you have a full sized family craft that will fit in the boot of a Ford Fiesta!
The Scout has been designed to be stable and confidence inspiring allowing anyone to just step in and paddle off. The construction is of tough Nitrilon with wooden slate seats – this boat is built to last. Simply unroll the canoe, fix in the three seats and with a few minutes pumping you are good to go. The Scout comes with grab handles fore and aft as well as painters already fitted and a pressure relief valve in the floor to protect against over inflation.
Ideal for lakes, rivers, canals or even white water up to grade 3, the Scout is easy to portage around locks and over obstacles. Once you are finished on the water, the single layer Nitrilon fabric dries quickly and with push push valves the Scout deflates quickly and is easily rolled back up and packed away ready for another adventure. The super compact size when packed away is just 70 x 45 x 30cm, which is amazing when you consider its size inflated.
Standard & Economy Specifications
Both the Economy & Standard versions of the Scout are constructed from same heavy duty Nitrilon material and have identicial proportions with 3 wooden slate seats, front & rear carry handles and painter lines.
The Scout standard benefits from the follwing additional features that are not included in the ecomony model:
- T-bone supports that fit underneath seats to reinforce the hull and help retain shape.
- Self bailing floor for drainage in rough/white water. This has a rolling closure to stop water ingress when paddling on placid water.
- Front and rear seat thigh straps for greater security and control in rough water.
- Foam pads on seats for increased comfort on longer journeys.
- Additional clip in points for securing gear.
- Quick nut/bolt fixings for securing seats replacing the cord used on the economy model.
- Heavy duty transport bag.
In summary the Scout Economy will likely suit the needs of most recretional and family paddlers that plan on using the Scout on placid or gentle moving water. Those planning on more adventurous pursuits in rougher white water will likely benefit from the additional features of the Scout Standard.
Features - Economy & Standard
- 3 x wooden slate seats
- Grab handles for easy handling
- Safety ropes on the bow and stern
- Binding rope in the bow and stern
- Push-push valves
- Safety relief valve in the bottom of the boat
- Repair kit
Features - Standard Only
- Foam padding on seats
- T-Bone Seat/Hull Reinforcements
- Self draining floor with rolling closure
- Front & rear seat thigh straps
- Additional clips points for securing gear
- Quick nut & bolt fixings for seats
- Heavy duty transport bag (no rucksack straps)
- No. of Persons: 1, 2 or 3
- Length: 445cm
- Width: 95cm
- Weight: 25kg
- Capacity: 450kg
- Pack Size: 70 x 45 x 30cm
- Material: Nitrilon®
Gumotex Inflatable Kayak Construction
The Gumotex Scout is constructed from Nitrilon® material. This is a lighter version of the material used in rigid inflatable boats (RIBs) construction. Nitrilon® is manufactured in-house by Gumotex allowing for complete control over product quality.
- High strength Polyester (PES) fibre
- An outer layer of synthetic rubber
- Inner layer of a mixture based on natural rubber
The material is highly resistant to abrasion, aging and UV with a minimum tensile strength (1) of 3000/3000 N (sample 20 x 5 cm). This makes Nitrilon fabric an excellent material for the construction of inflatable watercraft.
Gumotex Manufacturing Process
Gumotex have been producing high quality inflatable products in the Czech Republic for over 60 years using unique materials and technologies, making Gumotex inflatables some of the very best in the world!
- Each Gumotex inflatable kayak/canoe/boat/raft is manufactured by hand in the Czech Republic.
- After the materials have been assembled and vulcanised, each & every boat is pressure tested and left inflated for 12 hours.
- After final assembly they are inflated for a further 6 hours before having a final inspection and being prepared for packaging.
This means that each Gumotex Inflatable has been tested under inflatation twice before it is packaged! Such stringent testing and quality control has led to Gumotex being accredited with ISO9001 Quality Assured Management Systems, and this means that you can have complete confidence in the quality of your Gumotex product as soon as you open the box!
Gumotex do not use PVC in any of their boats - PVC products release Phthalates into the environment and this substance has a negative effect on human and environmental health.
Colour Options for the Gumotex Scout
We offer a delivery service for the Gumotex Scout throughout the UK & Ireland to home and work addresses.
Where possible orders are sent out via a courier using an overnight delivery service, orders are normally dispatched within 24 hours. The delivery price will be shown in the shopping basket
Collection - Click & Collect
Buy a Gumotex Scout online from our website and collect from one of our nationwide branches.
We will contact you to arrange collection upon receipt of you order.
Our Stores are:
- Bournemouth Canoes - Poole, BH16 5BW
- Inflatable Kayaks UK / Brighton Canoes - Newhaven, BN9 0DH
- Cornwall Canoes - St Columb Road, TR9 6PZ
- Kayaks & Paddles - Plymouth, PL21 9RL
- Manchester Canoes - Warrington, WA1 4RF
- Norfolk Canoes - Norwich, NR5 0JU
- Southampton Canoes - Totton, SO40 3SA