The Seawave from Gumotex is probably one of the most versatile inflatable kayaks we have seen. At 4.5m long and 80cm wide this is a sleek kayak with an excellent turn of speed. The kayak has a larger central air chamber giving a pronounced V shape to the hull allowing superb straight line tracking, further enhanced by a removable alloy skeg at the stern. The hull material is super tough Nitrilon which being a single skin construction is light, easily dried and can take more pressure than the traditional and cheaper ‘bladder’ construction.
The standard Seawave main boat comes with two comfortable inflatable seats to form a high specification kayak for two and is more than capable of taking you out for an expedition along your local river, canal, lake or even on the sea if the weather is good. Additionally, one of the seats can be taken out and the other moved slightly forward to create a large single kayak without needing to purchase any additional fittings. There is also room for an optional third seat in this configuration if an older child is also looking to come along for the ride and this seat can be bought as an extra.
If you are looking to paddle in more demanding conditions - rougher seas or on colder days, then you we want to opt for the complete Seaweave Set. This version comes with both the 1 person or 2 person deck units which turns the Seawave into an inflatable closed cockpit touring kayak. The Set comes with alloy cross braces which support a waterproof fabric deck with cockpits for far superior weather protection as well as providing even more stiffness to the hull. The set also includes the optional 3rd seat, rudder kit and 2 x spraydecks which allow the paddler(s) to fully enclosed and protected from the elements. All the components the come in the set can be purchased as seperate individual components if you don't need everything - See our recommended accessories for details.
Please call our knowledgeable staff if you have any questions on the Seawave and its various options.
- Drain opening at the boat´s stern
- Peripheral Velcro for fixation of the cockpit
- Adjustable footrest
- Comfortable inflatable seat with backrest
- Grab handles for easy handling
- Safety ropes on the side tubes
- Fixture for tracking fin
- Tracking fin
- Push-push valves
- Safety relief valve in the bottom of the boat
- Repair kit
- Transport drybag 100l
Seawave Standard Includes:
- Seawave Main Boat
- 2 x Seat/Backrest
- Transport drybag 100l
Seawave Set Includes:
- Standard Seawave plus...
- 3rd Seat
- Rudder Kit
- 2 x Spraydecks
- 1 & 2 Person Decks/Cockpits
- No. of Persons: 1, 2 or 3
- Length: 455cm
- Width: 80cm
- Weight: 17.5kg
- Capacity: 250kg
- Pack Size: 68 x 40 x 30cm
- Material: Nitrilon®
Gumotex Inflatable Kayak Construction
The Gumotex Seawave is constructed from Nitrilon® material. This is a lighter version of the material used in rigid inflatable boats (RIBs) construction. Nitrilon® is manufactured in-house by Gumotex allowing for complete control over product quality.
- High strength Polyester (PES) fibre
- An outer layer of synthetic rubber
- Inner layer of a mixture based on natural rubber
The material is highly resistant to abrasion, aging and UV with a minimum tensile strength (1) of 3000/3000 N (sample 20 x 5 cm). This makes Nitrilon fabric an excellent material for the construction of inflatable watercraft.
Gumotex Manufacturing Process
Gumotex have been producing high quality inflatable products in the Czech Republic for over 60 years using unique materials and technologies, making Gumotex inflatables some of the very best in the world!
- Each Gumotex inflatable kayak/canoe/boat/raft is manufactured by hand in the Czech Republic.
- After the materials have been assembled and vulcanised, each & every boat is pressure tested and left inflated for 12 hours.
- After final assembly they are inflated for a further 6 hours before having a final inspection and being prepared for packaging.
This means that each Gumotex Inflatable has been tested under inflatation twice before it is packaged! Such stringent testing and quality control has led to Gumotex being accredited with ISO9001 Quality Assured Management Systems, and this means that you can have complete confidence in the quality of your Gumotex product as soon as you open the box!
Gumotex do not use PVC in any of their boats - PVC products release Phthalates into the environment and this substance has a negative effect on human and environmental health.
Colour Options for the Gumotex Seawave
We offer a delivery service for the Gumotex Seawave throughout the UK & Ireland to home and work addresses.
Where possible orders are sent out via a courier using an overnight delivery service, orders are normally dispatched within 24 hours. The delivery price will be shown in the shopping basket
Collection - Click & Collect
Buy a Gumotex Seawave online from our website and collect from one of our nationwide branches.
We will contact you to arrange collection upon receipt of you order.
Our Stores are:
- Bournemouth Canoes - Poole, BH16 5BW
- Inflatable Kayaks UK / Brighton Canoes - Newhaven, BN9 0DH
- Cornwall Canoes - St Columb Road, TR9 6PZ
- Kayaks & Paddles - Plymouth, PL21 9RL
- Manchester Canoes - Warrington, WA1 4RF
- Norfolk Canoes - Norwich, NR5 0JU
- Southampton Canoes - Totton, SO40 3SA