The Gumotex Solar is the ultimate is versatility with multiple seat position options which allow the solar to be paddles solo, tandem or even 3 people. When used for solo or tandem the Solar has ample space for carrying gear which makes it an ideal choice for those looking to do longer trips. An optional third seat can be added for a child or small adult.
Like the majority of the Gumotex range the Solar is constructed from Nitrilon. This material is perfect for inflatable kayak construction delivering a quick drying, lightweight and highly durable kayak. The Solar packs down to a convenient size allowing it to be easily transported and stored.
The Solar person is primarily designed for placid water use and the ideal choice for lakes, canals and calm seas. The Solar will still perform well on fast moving rivers up to grade 2.
- Adjustable footrest in front and in the back (for conversion to a single kayak)
- Comfortable inflatable seat made from a drop-stitch material
- Grab handles for easy handling
- Safety ropes on the bow and stern
- Fixture for tracking fin
- Tracking fin
- Push-push valves
- Safety relief valve in the bottom of the boat
- Repair kit
- Transport drybag 80l
- No. of Persons: 2 + 1 child
- Length: 410cm
- Width: 80cm
- Weight: 16kg
- Capacity: 270kg
- Pack Size: 54 x 39 x 24cm
- Material: Nitrilon®
Gumotex Inflatable Kayak Construction
The Gumotex Solar is constructed from Nitrilon® material. This is a lighter version of the material used in rigid inflatable boats (RIBs) construction. Nitrilon® is manufactured in-house by Gumotex allowing for complete control over product quality.
- High strength Polyester (PES) fibre
- An outer layer of synthetic rubber
- Inner layer of a mixture based on natural rubber
The material is highly resistant to abrasion, aging and UV with a minimum tensile strength (1) of 3000/3000 N (sample 20 x 5 cm). This makes Nitrilon fabric an excellent material for the construction of inflatable watercraft.
Gumotex Manufacturing Process
Gumotex have been producing high quality inflatable products in the Czech Republic for over 60 years using unique materials and technologies, making Gumotex inflatables some of the very best in the world!
- Each Gumotex inflatable kayak/canoe/boat/raft is manufactured by hand in the Czech Republic.
- After the materials have been assembled and vulcanised, each & every boat is pressure tested and left inflated for 12 hours.
- After final assembly they are inflated for a further 6 hours before having a final inspection and being prepared for packaging.
This means that each Gumotex Inflatable has been tested under inflatation twice before it is packaged! Such stringent testing and quality control has led to Gumotex being accredited with ISO9001 Quality Assured Management Systems, and this means that you can have complete confidence in the quality of your Gumotex product as soon as you open the box!
Gumotex do not use PVC in any of their boats - PVC products release Phthalates into the environment and this substance has a negative effect on human and environmental health.
Colour Options for the Gumotex Solar
We offer a delivery service for the Gumotex Solar throughout the UK & Ireland to home and work addresses.
Where possible orders are sent out via a courier using an overnight delivery service, orders are normally dispatched within 24 hours. The delivery price will be shown in the shopping basket
Collection - Click & Collect
Buy a Gumotex Solar online from our website and collect from one of our nationwide branches.
We will contact you to arrange collection upon receipt of you order.
Our Stores are:
- Bournemouth Canoes - Poole, BH16 5BW
- Inflatable Kayaks UK / Brighton Canoes - Newhaven, BN9 0DH
- Cornwall Canoes - St Columb Road, TR9 6PZ
- Kayaks & Paddles - Plymouth, PL21 9RL
- Manchester Canoes - Warrington, WA1 4RF
- Norfolk Canoes - Norwich, NR5 0JU
- Southampton Canoes - Totton, SO40 3SA