Gumotex Swing 1
The Swing 1 has been designed the perfect boat for longer journeys in different weather conditions where the protection of a closed deck kayak is preferable to keep the paddler and their kit dryer than an open boat. Made from ‘Nitrilon’ the Swing weighs only 11kg and can be easily packed down into a dry rucksack. The single layer skin ensures that the Swing is quicker to dry out than the traditional bladder style construction as well as being lighter. The decks are reinforced with rigid braces and have zipped sections in both the bow and stern for easy gear access. There are also bungee straps on bow and stern for further storage. Heavy duty handles complete the deck layout.
The cockpit comes with adjustable footrest and a PU foam backed seat for all day comfort and control. The Swing can cope with moving water up to grade 2 but is just as happy on calmer inshore coastal stretches, estuaries and rivers. The Swing 1 is for paddlers who want a ‘proper’ kayak but need the flexibility of an inflatable – perhaps due to storage/ transport issues or to take abroad, on a bus or train or just those that appreciate a boat that’s easy to carry down to the water
The Swing 1 is a truly go anywhere kayak!
Also available in a tandem option - the Gumotex Swing 2.
- Cockpit with zippers in the bow and stern
- Adjustable footrest
- Comfortable seat made from PE foam with backband
- Bungee storage on bow and stern
- Grab handles
- Carry bag
- Tracking fin
- Push-push valves for easy inflation/deflation
- Safety relief valve in the floor for protection from overinflation
- Repair kit
- No. of Persons: 1
- Length: 316cm
- Width: 87cm
- Weight: 11.2kg
- Capacity: 120kg
- Pack Size: 69 x 38 x 23cm
- Material: Nitrilon®
Gumotex Inflatable Kayak Construction
The Gumotex Swing 1 is constructed from Nitrilon® material. This is a lighter version of the material used in rigid inflatable boats (RIBs) construction. Nitrilon® is manufactured in-house by Gumotex allowing for complete control over product quality.
- High strength Polyester (PES) fibre
- An outer layer of synthetic rubber
- Inner layer of a mixture based on natural rubber
The material is highly resistant to abrasion, aging and UV with a minimum tensile strength (1) of 3000/3000 N (sample 20 x 5 cm). This makes Nitrilon fabric an excellent material for the construction of inflatable watercraft.
Gumotex Manufacturing Process
Gumotex have been producing high quality inflatable products in the Czech Republic for over 60 years using unique materials and technologies, making Gumotex inflatables some of the very best in the world!
- Each Gumotex inflatable kayak/canoe/boat/raft is manufactured by hand in the Czech Republic.
- After the materials have been assembled and vulcanised, each & every boat is pressure tested and left inflated for 12 hours.
- After final assembly they are inflated for a further 6 hours before having a final inspection and being prepared for packaging.
This means that each Gumotex Inflatable has been tested under inflatation twice before it is packaged! Such stringent testing and quality control has led to Gumotex being accredited with ISO9001 Quality Assured Management Systems, and this means that you can have complete confidence in the quality of your Gumotex product as soon as you open the box!
Gumotex do not use PVC in any of their boats - PVC products release Phthalates into the environment and this substance has a negative effect on human and environmental health.
Colour Options for the Gumotex Swing 1
We offer a delivery service for the Gumotex Swing 1 throughout the UK & Ireland to home and work addresses.
Where possible orders are sent out via a courier using an overnight delivery service, orders are normally dispatched within 24 hours. The delivery price will be shown in the shopping basket
Collection - Click & Collect
Buy a Gumotex Swing 1 online from our website and collect from one of our nationwide branches.
We will contact you to arrange collection upon receipt of you order.
Our Stores are:
- Bournemouth Canoes - Poole, BH16 5BW
- Inflatable Kayaks UK / Brighton Canoes - Newhaven, BN9 0DH
- Cornwall Canoes - St Columb Road, TR9 6PZ
- Kayaks & Paddles - Plymouth, PL21 9RL
- Manchester Canoes - Warrington, WA1 4RF
- Norfolk Canoes - Norwich, NR5 0JU
- Southampton Canoes - Totton, SO40 3SA