Gumotex Swing 2
Double kayaks are great fun and perfect for couples wishing to explore local waterways or parents looking to introduce a youngster to the delights of paddling. However, at 4m long they can be a problem to transport and store for some people. The Gumotex Swing 2 is a high quality decked double kayak which weighs only 14kg and packs down into a large rucksack. Once unpacked and the rigid deck struts put in place it takes only a few minutes of easy pumping and you have a strong light decked kayak ready for adventure.
Adjustable footrest and padded foam seats with backbands ensure both paddlers are comfortable whilst all the gear is safely stowed underneath the zipped deck in bow and stern. There are also additional storage bungees for those items that need to be close at hand. The Swing 2 is sleek but stable and more than capable of longer journeys, weekend expeditions or even a bit of brisk grade 2 moving water with the optional sprayskirts.
With the days adventure over the Swing 2 will dry in a few minutes due to its single skin Nitrilon Light hull. Then rolled up and stored in the included bag it can be easily carried back to the car.
Easy to portage round locks or over beaches the Swing 2 can be taken just about anywhere – train, plane or the boot of your car, now there is no excuse not to go for a paddle!
- Double Cockpit design with zippers in the bow and stern for storage access
- Adjustable footrest
- Comfortable seats in PE foam with backband
- Accessory bungees on bow and stern
- Grab handles
- Tracking fin
- Push-push valves for easy inflation and deflation
- Safety relief valve in the bottom of the boat to protect against overinflation
- Repair kit
- Transport bag
- No. of Persons: 2
- Length: 402cm
- Width: 87cm
- Weight: 14.1kg
- Capacity: 220kg
- Pack Size: 69 x 39 x 24cm
- Material: Nitrilon®
Gumotex Inflatable Kayak Construction
The Gumotex Swing 2 is constructed from Nitrilon® material. This is a lighter version of the material used in rigid inflatable boats (RIBs) construction. Nitrilon® is manufactured in-house by Gumotex allowing for complete control over product quality.
- High strength Polyester (PES) fibre
- An outer layer of synthetic rubber
- Inner layer of a mixture based on natural rubber
The material is highly resistant to abrasion, aging and UV with a minimum tensile strength (1) of 3000/3000 N (sample 20 x 5 cm). This makes Nitrilon fabric an excellent material for the construction of inflatable watercraft.
Gumotex Manufacturing Process
Gumotex have been producing high quality inflatable products in the Czech Republic for over 60 years using unique materials and technologies, making Gumotex inflatables some of the very best in the world!
- Each Gumotex inflatable kayak/canoe/boat/raft is manufactured by hand in the Czech Republic.
- After the materials have been assembled and vulcanised, each & every boat is pressure tested and left inflated for 12 hours.
- After final assembly they are inflated for a further 6 hours before having a final inspection and being prepared for packaging.
This means that each Gumotex Inflatable has been tested under inflatation twice before it is packaged! Such stringent testing and quality control has led to Gumotex being accredited with ISO9001 Quality Assured Management Systems, and this means that you can have complete confidence in the quality of your Gumotex product as soon as you open the box!
Gumotex do not use PVC in any of their boats - PVC products release Phthalates into the environment and this substance has a negative effect on human and environmental health.
Colour Options for the Gumotex Swing 2
We offer a delivery service for the Gumotex Swing 2 throughout the UK & Ireland to home and work addresses.
Where possible orders are sent out via a courier using an overnight delivery service, orders are normally dispatched within 24 hours. The delivery price will be shown in the shopping basket
Collection - Click & Collect
Buy a Gumotex Swing 2 online from our website and collect from one of our nationwide branches.
We will contact you to arrange collection upon receipt of you order.
Our Stores are:
- Bournemouth Canoes - Poole, BH16 5BW
- Inflatable Kayaks UK / Brighton Canoes - Newhaven, BN9 0DH
- Cornwall Canoes - St Columb Road, TR9 6PZ
- Kayaks & Paddles - Plymouth, PL21 9RL
- Manchester Canoes - Warrington, WA1 4RF
- Norfolk Canoes - Norwich, NR5 0JU
- Southampton Canoes - Totton, SO40 3SA