The Thaya brings together the latest drop stitch technology used in inflatable kayaks with the durable Nitrilon material from Gumotex. The Drop Stitch technology allows for floor chamber and seats to be inflated to a high pressure, providing levels of rigidity to rival that of a solid craft. This gives excellent levels of performance with less flex along the hull whilst paddling. The seats provide good levels of back support for a comfortable day paddling.
The Thaya comes equipped with two seats for tandem paddling. A seat can be set up in a central position for solo paddling, and an optional 3rd seat can be added for a small extra passenger. Footrests are included for support whilst paddling.
Great for general touring and exploring on inland waterways and sheltered bays and estuaries. The Thaya can also be used on 'light' moving water such as slow moving rivers with rapids up to a grade 2.
A great all-round tandem, with versatile seating options and a high performance design.... the Thaya is a sure fire winner!
- Adjustable footrest in front and in the back (for conversion to a single kayak)
- Comfortable inflatable seat made from a drop-stitch material
- Safety ropes on the bow and stern
- Grab handles for easy handling
- Fixture for tracking fin
- Tracking fin
- Push-push valves
- Safety relief valve in the bottom of the boat
- Repair kit
- Transport drybag 80l
- No. of Persons: 1, 2 or 3 (2 adult + child)
- Length: 410cm
- Width: 89cm
- Weight: 17.5kg
- Capacity: 230kg
- Pack Size: 63 x 40 x 26cm
- Material: Drop Stitch + Nitrilon®
Gumotex Drop Stitch Inflatable Kayak Construction
The Gumotex Thaya is constructed from Drop-Stitch technology and Nitrilon® material. Nitrilon is a lighter version of the material used in rigid inflatable boats (RIBs) construction. Nitrilon® is manufactured in-house by Gumotex allowing for complete control over product quality. Drop stitch technology uses fibres connecting the upper and lower panels of certain fabric panels, such as within the floor and seats. Where used, the fibres allow the chamber to be inflated to a high pressure, providing a level of rigidity to rival solid craft. This provides improved paddling performance as there is less flex within the hull structure.
Material composition (Inside to Outside):
- Drop Stitch Fibres
- Top Layer of Drop Stitch Fabric
- 1st Anchoring Layer
- Natural and Synthetic Vulcanised Rubber Based Layer
- 2nd Anchoring layer
- High-strength PES Fabric
- 3rd Anchoring Layer
- Outer Synthetic Rubber Based Coating
The material is highly resistant to abrasion, aging and UV with a minimum tensile strength (1) of 3000/3000 N (sample 20 x 5 cm). This makes Nitrilon fabric an excellent material for the construction of inflatable watercraft.
Gumotex Manufacturing Process
Gumotex have been producing high quality inflatable products in the Czech Republic for over 60 years using unique materials and technologies, making Gumotex inflatables some of the very best in the world!
- Each Gumotex inflatable kayak/canoe/boat/raft is manufactured by hand in the Czech Republic.
- After the materials have been assembled and vulcanised, each & every boat is pressure tested and left inflated for 12 hours.
- After final assembly they are inflated for a further 6 hours before having a final inspection and being prepared for packaging.
This means that each Gumotex Inflatable has been tested under inflatation twice before it is packaged! Such stringent testing and quality control has led to Gumotex being accredited with ISO9001 Quality Assured Management Systems, and this means that you can have complete confidence in the quality of your Gumotex product as soon as you open the box!
Gumotex do not use PVC in any of their boats - PVC products release Phthalates into the environment and this substance has a negative effect on human and environmental health.
Colour Options for the Gumotex Thaya
We offer a delivery service for the Gumotex Thaya throughout the UK & Ireland to home and work addresses.
Where possible orders are sent out via a courier using an overnight delivery service, orders are normally dispatched within 24 hours. The delivery price will be shown in the shopping basket
Collection - Click & Collect
Buy a Gumotex Thaya online from our website and collect from one of our nationwide branches.
We will contact you to arrange collection upon receipt of you order.
Our Stores are:
- Bournemouth Canoes - Poole, BH16 5BW
- Inflatable Kayaks UK / Brighton Canoes - Newhaven, BN9 0DH
- Cornwall Canoes - St Columb Road, TR9 6PZ
- Kayaks & Paddles - Plymouth, PL21 9RL
- Manchester Canoes - Warrington, WA1 4RF
- Norfolk Canoes - Norwich, NR5 0JU
- Southampton Canoes - Totton, SO40 3SA