Gumotex Twist 1
Gumotex Twist 1 is a super compact and lightweight single person kayak. Constructed from Gumotex ‘Nitrilon’ material the Twist 1 weighs in at just 9kg and packs down into a small transoirt bag, yet still incorporates all the features which make Gumotex boats so highly sort after. Tough and hard wearing, easily cleaned and quick drying.
Once unrolled its the work of a few minutes to pump up the Twist and you are ready to go. The seat is adjustable and the versatile footrest means both adults and children can use the Twist with ease. There is plenty of storage in the stern for a drybag and a safety relief valve in the floor to protect against over inflation.
On the underside of the hull, Gumotex have fitted a clip in fin to aid tracking and there are grab handles front and back.
Due to its small pack size and light weight the Gumotex Twist N1 is perfect to take on holiday, carry on public transport or have in the back of the car just in case – an after work paddle is now not just a dream!
Also available in a tandem option for 2 paddlers which can also be used solo offering total versatility - see the Gumotex Twist 2/1.
- Versatile footrests
- Comfortable inflatable seat with backrest
- Bungee ropes for gear storage
- Safety grab handles in the bow and stern
- Tracking fin
- Push-push valves for easy inflation or deflation
- Safety relief valve in the floor
- Repair kit
- Transport bag
- No. of Persons: 1
- Length: 260cm
- Width: 79cm
- Weight: 9kg
- Capacity: 100kg
- Pack Size: 53 x 35 x 19cm
- Material: Nitrilon®
Gumotex Inflatable Kayak Construction
The Gumotex Twist 1 is constructed from Nitrilon® material. This is a lighter version of the material used in rigid inflatable boats (RIBs) construction. Nitrilon® is manufactured in-house by Gumotex allowing for complete control over product quality.
- High strength Polyester (PES) fibre
- An outer layer of synthetic rubber
- Inner layer of a mixture based on natural rubber
The material is highly resistant to abrasion, aging and UV with a minimum tensile strength (1) of 3000/3000 N (sample 20 x 5 cm). This makes Nitrilon fabric an excellent material for the construction of inflatable watercraft.
Gumotex Manufacturing Process
Gumotex have been producing high quality inflatable products in the Czech Republic for over 60 years using unique materials and technologies, making Gumotex inflatables some of the very best in the world!
- Each Gumotex inflatable kayak/canoe/boat/raft is manufactured by hand in the Czech Republic.
- After the materials have been assembled and vulcanised, each & every boat is pressure tested and left inflated for 12 hours.
- After final assembly they are inflated for a further 6 hours before having a final inspection and being prepared for packaging.
This means that each Gumotex Inflatable has been tested under inflatation twice before it is packaged! Such stringent testing and quality control has led to Gumotex being accredited with ISO9001 Quality Assured Management Systems, and this means that you can have complete confidence in the quality of your Gumotex product as soon as you open the box!
Gumotex do not use PVC in any of their boats - PVC products release Phthalates into the environment and this substance has a negative effect on human and environmental health.
Colour Options for the Gumotex Twist 1
We offer a delivery service for the Gumotex Twist 1 throughout the UK & Ireland to home and work addresses.
Where possible orders are sent out via a courier using an overnight delivery service, orders are normally dispatched within 24 hours. The delivery price will be shown in the shopping basket
Collection - Click & Collect
Buy a Gumotex Twist 1 online from our website and collect from one of our nationwide branches.
We will contact you to arrange collection upon receipt of you order.
Our Stores are:
- Bournemouth Canoes - Poole, BH16 5BW
- Inflatable Kayaks UK / Brighton Canoes - Newhaven, BN9 0DH
- Cornwall Canoes - St Columb Road, TR9 6PZ
- Kayaks & Paddles - Plymouth, PL21 9RL
- Manchester Canoes - Warrington, WA1 4RF
- Norfolk Canoes - Norwich, NR5 0JU
- Southampton Canoes - Totton, SO40 3SA