Gumotex Twist N 2/1
The Twist 2 from Gumotex is rapidly becoming a firm family favourite and its easy to see why. Firstly, the pack size at just 50 x 25 x 30cms and weighing at just 13kg mean the Twist 2 will fit in a small rucksack and disappear in the average car boot. This makes it easy to bring along on holiday, even if you have a boot full of camping gear etc.
The latest 2019 model see the addition of centre seat attachment points. This allows one of the seats to be left off and the other attached in a centre position for even weight distribution. This transforms the Twist 2 into a 1 person paddling craft offering complete versatility. The Twist 2 is now spacious solo kayak with loads of room for gear for overnighters or longer day trips but can still carry 2 people with light gear when required.
The Twist 2 inflates in minutes meaning you can be out on the water almost as quick as with a regid kayak. Once inflated the Twist 2 has plenty of capacity for two 6ft adults whilst a large dry bag can be stowed under the bungee in the stern for those longer day trips. Because its constructed of Nitrilon, a heard wearing rubber material, the Twist can be pumped up twice to twice the pressure of traditional ‘bladder’ kayaks which means more hull stiffness and more efficient paddling. There is also a plastic skeg which easily clips underneath to keep the boat tracking in a straight line even when there is wind or swell.
When its comes to packing away the Twist 2 can be dried quickly as most water just beads off the surface of the Nitrilon fabric. Again, the boat can be deflated and rolled up into the supplied bag as swiftly as it was set up.
If you are looking for a two person inflatable kayak that can also be used solo and that packs down to almost nothing and will last for many years then this is definitely it.
- Versatile footrests
- Comfortable inflatable seats with backrest
- Adjustable seat configuration allowing tandem or solo use
- Bungee gear storage
- Safety grab handles in the bow and stern
- Tracking fin
- Push-push valves for easy inflation and deflation
- Safety relief valve in the bottom of the boat
- Repair kit
- Transport bag
- No. of Persons: 2 or 1
- Length: 360cm
- Width: 83cm
- Weight: 13kg
- Capacity: 180kg
- Pack Size: 54 x 37 x 23cm
- Material: Nitrilon®
Gumotex Inflatable Kayak Construction
The Gumotex Twist N 2/1 is constructed from Nitrilon® material. This is a lighter version of the material used in rigid inflatable boats (RIBs) construction. Nitrilon® is manufactured in-house by Gumotex allowing for complete control over product quality.
- High strength Polyester (PES) fibre
- An outer layer of synthetic rubber
- Inner layer of a mixture based on natural rubber
The material is highly resistant to abrasion, aging and UV with a minimum tensile strength (1) of 3000/3000 N (sample 20 x 5 cm). This makes Nitrilon fabric an excellent material for the construction of inflatable watercraft.
Gumotex Manufacturing Process
Gumotex have been producing high quality inflatable products in the Czech Republic for over 60 years using unique materials and technologies, making Gumotex inflatables some of the very best in the world!
- Each Gumotex inflatable kayak/canoe/boat/raft is manufactured by hand in the Czech Republic.
- After the materials have been assembled and vulcanised, each & every boat is pressure tested and left inflated for 12 hours.
- After final assembly they are inflated for a further 6 hours before having a final inspection and being prepared for packaging.
This means that each Gumotex Inflatable has been tested under inflatation twice before it is packaged! Such stringent testing and quality control has led to Gumotex being accredited with ISO9001 Quality Assured Management Systems, and this means that you can have complete confidence in the quality of your Gumotex product as soon as you open the box!
Gumotex do not use PVC in any of their boats - PVC products release Phthalates into the environment and this substance has a negative effect on human and environmental health.
Colour Options for the Gumotex Twist N 2/1
We offer a delivery service for the Gumotex Twist N 2/1 throughout the UK & Ireland to home and work addresses.
Where possible orders are sent out via a courier using an overnight delivery service, orders are normally dispatched within 24 hours. The delivery price will be shown in the shopping basket
Collection - Click & Collect
Buy a Gumotex Twist N 2/1 online from our website and collect from one of our nationwide branches.
We will contact you to arrange collection upon receipt of you order.
Our Stores are:
- Bournemouth Canoes - Poole, BH16 5BW
- Inflatable Kayaks UK / Brighton Canoes - Newhaven, BN9 0DH
- Cornwall Canoes - St Columb Road, TR9 6PZ
- Kayaks & Paddles - Plymouth, PL21 9RL
- Manchester Canoes - Warrington, WA1 4RF
- Norfolk Canoes - Norwich, NR5 0JU
- Southampton Canoes - Totton, SO40 3SA