Inflatable Canoe with Space for 3 Paddlers
Gumotex Scout Nationwide Delivery Available. Shipping price shown in the shopping basket prior to checkout. More Delivery Info
Click & Collect - Stores Nationwide
Gumotex Scout available for Nationwide Click & Collect from any Canoe Shops UK Store.
2x2L Air Pump
Gumotex GTX 2x3L Pump with Gauge
The Gumotex Scout is a full sized open canoe at almost 15ft long and has a carrying capacity of over 450kg. This means it can seat a whole family of 2 adults and 2 smaller children plus their gear. Here you have a full sized family craft that will fit in the boot of a Ford Fiesta!
The Scout has been designed to be stable and confidence inspiring allowing anyone to just step in and paddle off. The construction is of tough Nitrilon with wooden slate seats – this boat is built to last. Simply unroll the canoe, fix in the three seats and with a few minutes pumping you are good to go. The Scout comes with grab handles fore and aft as well as painters already fitted and a pressure relief valve in the floor to protect against over inflation.
Ideal for lakes, rivers, canals or even white water up to grade 3, the Scout is easy to portage around locks and over obstacles. Once you are finished on the water, the single layer Nitrilon fabric dries quickly and with push push valves the Scout deflates quickly and is easily rolled back up and packed away ready for another adventure. The super compact size when packed away is just 70 x 45 x 30cm, which is amazing when you consider its size inflated.
Standard & Eco+Specifications
Both the Economy & Standard versions of the Scout are constructed from same heavy duty Nitrilon material and have identical proportions with 3 wooden seats, front & rear carry handles and painter lines.
The Scout standard benefits from the following additional features that are not included in the economy model:
- T-bone supports that fit underneath seats to reinforce the hull and help retain shape.
- Self bailing floor for drainage in rough/white water. This has a rolling closure to stop water ingress when paddling on placid water.
- Front and rear seat thigh straps for greater security and control in rough water.
- Foam pads on seats for increased comfort on longer journeys.
- Additional clip in points for securing gear.
- Quick nut/bolt fixings for securing seats replacing the cord used on the economy model.
- Heavy duty transport bag.
In summary the Scout Eco+ will likely suit the needs of most recreational and family paddlers that plan on using the Scout on placid or gentle moving water. Those planning on more adventurous pursuits in rougher white water will likely benefit from the additional features of the Scout Standard.
Features (on both the Standard and Ecoplus Models)
- 3 x Wooden seats
- Grab handles for easy handling
- Safety ropes on the bow and stern
- Binding rope in the bow and stern
- Push-push valves
- Safety relief valve in the bottom of the boat
- Repair kit
- Heavy duty transport bag (no rucksack straps)
Features (only found on Standard Model)
- Foam padding on wooden seats
- Anodised metal, T-Bone Seat/Hull Reinforcements
- Self draining floor with rolling closure
- Removable front & rear seat thigh straps
- Additional clips points for securing gear
- Quick nut & bolt fixings for all seats
- Heavy Duty transport bag with rucksack straps
- No. of Persons: 1, 2 or 3
- Length: 445cm
- Width: 95cm
- Weight: 25kg
- Capacity: 450kg
- Pack Size: 70 x 45 x 30cm
- Material: Nitrilon®